The main activity within this role is to work with a Production Manager supporting the operations function. The candidate must be Health and Safety conscious and have a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP. The candidate will receive detailed training on site to ensure adherence to existing standard operating procedures.
Be a Lean Champion:
The food industry is a dynamic and fast paced environment and we employ Lean management principles and an ethos of continuous improvement to stay ahead. The candidate will receive Yellow Belt Lean training and will be expected to use Lean tools in problem solving for both new and existing processes.
The ability to work effectively with others is essential within this role, taking actions which respect the needs and contributions of others.
- The candidate will be involved in the day-to-day operations function liaising with key team members including Managers, Supervisors, Team leaders, Senior and General Operatives, Maintenance and key personnel from other departments.
- The candidate will be a support function in the running of a production line, the production plan, food safety and quality, health and safety and KPI’s.
- Problem solving on a daily basis.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in various projects not only within Production but also cross-functional projects and must have the ability to manage and deliver on projects.
Key Behaviours / Competencies:
- Ability to positively influence and encourage pace of projects and success
- Have a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Technically minded allowing for keen problem solving using Lean principles
- Be Level headed and a logical thinker
- Independent and self-motivated using own initiative daily
- Excellent team player and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Effectively lead and support a team
- Be health and safety conscious
- A strong understanding of food safety and HACCP
- Be flexible to the needs of the business
- Be responsible and take ownership of your work