The importance of sustainability
As a family-owned company, our philosophy is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our staff, to be active and positive contributors to the communities in which we live and work and to be good stewards of our environment.
Our Sustainability Focus
Working in harmony with the world around us
- Energy: 35% total target reduction
- Water: 38% total target reduction
- Carbon Emissions: 20% total target reduction
- Dawn Farms are a zero waste to landfill company
Workplace & Community
Dawn Farms have become the lead sponsor of The Naas Neighbourhood Greenways project. This project aims to promote the development of a walking and cycling network for the greater Naas area and aids in the overall health of its citizens by contributing to a healthier lifestyle and a more enjoyable living environment.
Other local initiatives that Dawn Farms actively promote within the workplace and community include:
- Employee engagement and wellbeing
- Student & graduate placement programmes
- Actively promoting diversity and inclusion within the workplace
- Community employment program
- Partnered with FoodCloud — Aimed at reducing waste and providing charities with surplus food
- Supporting local clubs & charities
- Sponsorship of the Bord Bia Origin Green Ambassadors Programme
Modern Slavery Statement 2018 | This statement is made pursuant of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Dawn Farms has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain. Click here to read.
Health & Nutrition
- Free from MSG, hydrogenated fats, non sustainable palm oil & nuts
- All products meet FSA Guidelines on lower salt & sugar levels
- Continued development of products with simple and healthy ingredients
AWARDS & ACCREDITATIONS
- BRC Global Standard AA Certified
- Members of SEDEX
- ISO 50001 Energy Management 2018
- IEA Food & Drink Exporter of the Year 2016
- Sustainable Energy Awards Winner 2014
- IEA Sustainable Exporter of the Year 2013
- IEA Food & Drink Exporter of the Year 2012
Our philosophy is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our staff, to be active and positive contributors to the communities in which we live and work and to be good stewards of our environment.Richard McNally, Dawn Farms CFO
Putting our principles into practice
Origin Green is Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme — the first of its kind in the world. Our commitment to sustainability goes beyond the here and now. It underpins our desire to guarantee the integrity of our products and their security of supply long into the future.
Origin Green Founder Member
Sustainable Exporter of the Year 2013
Industry Category Award Winner
ISO 50001 certified
Dawn Farms is proud to be a zero waste-to-landfill company.