The purpose of this role is to coordinate the Food Safety & Quality Management System in line with BRC V8, regulatory legislation and customer codes of practice and support the QA & Operations team in the effective implementation of the system.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the FS&QMS.
- Maintain the customer audit schedule alongside the Technical Manager, and ensure that audits are effectively coordinated, hosted and administered.
- Update, review & roll out all SOPs.
- Maintain & update all required risk assessments and reports as required.
- Organise & coordinate HACCP review meetings, ensuring all actions are closed out within timeframes.
- Develop, manage all Food Safety & Quality related training, where necessary conduct training for employees, visitors & contractors.
- Coordinate & complete close out on corrective action reports for all customer audits.
- Work closely with the Operation teams ensuring all standards are appropriately communicated and trained where required.
- Degree in Food Science / Technology or Food Quality Management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a QA role in a Food Manufacturing high risk environment.
- Level 5 / 6 HACCP trained.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with BRC.
- Good understanding of EU Food Legislation.
- Experience with similar large retailer & food service company codes of practice.
- Ability to work cross functionally and excellent verbal & written communication.
- Action orientated to manage work volume with quality results.
- Strong computer application skills.
- Organized logical thinker, attentive to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative and a keen learner.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, motivated & enthusiastic.